Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Iggy


I have always wanted to do a painting of Iggy Pop. His face intrigues me, and even though I like this sketch, I'm still not settled enough or ready to work on an Iggy painting. This sketch is fun, but it is only one quick sketch, my first take. If I decide I want to paint him, I'll gather more reference, and do a few more sketches of him until I satisfy what it is that I see in my head when I think of Iggy.

For now, this sketch as well as the Sharon and Bush sketch will remain in the "warm up sketches for the day" category.

4 Comments:

Blogger Judy Virostek said...

Jason,
I saw your comment on your dads blog and decided to check out your blog. Your work is fantastic - really wonderful. I have seen a lot of landscapes and plein air, but my love is really portraits and the figure. I wish you well as it seems you have a very promising career in illustration and painting. Judy

12:00 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thank you Judy. I always say to myself, if I could only paint like my Dad, well one day I hope.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Judy Virostek said...

jason,
i dont think you should try to paint like your dad....he has his style and you have yours. "Admire" and "Be" like your dad, yes........but painting is what you alone can develop with your unique gifts. I really like what you do and really hope you know how good you are. Go "Your" direction. Im very new here so stop and visit my blog. Best of luck with your painting.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Mette said...

It's funny, Iggy Pop looks so much like the norwegian musician Jahn Teigen (google him and you'll see what I mean. :)). This is a great one! I love how you did the hands.

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners