Thursday, August 07, 2008

Live sketching at Starbucks . . .




Been really busy lately with all sorts of projects, none of which I can share at this time. I've been meaning to get out of the studio a little more and do some painting and drawing from life, but it's been hard to find the time. Today I decided to just leave for a few minutes to get my sketch on. So I went to a local Starbucks and did these three sketches. I gave myself about five minutes for each sketch. I'm feeling a bit rusty, what I would like to do is simplify even more and just nail basic shape and form. The work of Stephen Silver and Dice Tsutsumi are huge inspirations of late . . . at least their work is what I've been really into looking at lately. If you haven't heard of Dice Tsutsumi, you're missing out, check out his site at Simplestroke.com

7 Comments:

Blogger Joe Bluhm said...

I noticed these are digital- do you have a 12" Cintiq?

1:34 PM  
Blogger Dillon Thompson said...

Very nice sketches. I got to sneak a peak at your book from the con and have to say it's one of the best I have seen.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

nice stuff man! And yeah, Dice is great. I learned a lot about colour by studying his work. Still eagerly waiting for your book to come in the mail!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello M. Seiler. Thanx for your coment and answers. I was wondering if your will come out in france or should i buy it on internet?
I wanted also to show you a great french artist that i really like. Maybe you know him already:
http://maester.over-blog.com/
By the way i think i get tired from digital painting and i'll go back to watercolors for a while...

4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ho i was talking about your book at the begining sorry...

4:19 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Joe, I have a pc tablet that I sketch with in public.

Dillon, were you in SD? IF not how'd you see the book? Thanks anyways, that's very nice to hear.

Theb, not sure when I'll ever make it to France, would love to visit though!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Dillon Thompson said...

Ryan Wood is a good friend of mine and he showed it off. I was a bit jealous of him.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners