Monday, January 19, 2009

The 44th!



Quick sketch I did this morning. I'm still experimenting with Obama's features, I've drawn and painted him more than a few times now, and every time I draw or paint him I try to do something different.

I spent a bit of time this weekend painting over my previous sketch of Bush, see updated sketch-painting below.

* I need to let everyone know that my next class on Caricature is filling up, there are only 15 seats available per semester and they're filling up. My next class starts on January 23rd. To learn more about my class at Schoolism click here. Remember, there are limited seats available for each class. *

9 Comments:

Blogger Mark Bridges said...

I told everyone "with how old Bush looks, Obama is going to look like Morgan Freeman". How about a projection of the future Obama and see how close you get

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I signed up two months ago!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Asier M. López said...

hehe this is a funny one...The Bush painting is looking great too.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Will Appledorn said...

not going to lie, i think there might be too much experimentation here, with the head shape particularly and how compressed it is. that's not to say i don't see a likeness, just not as strong as it could be.

love that latest bush painting though, really captured the wear and tear.

7:58 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thanks William . . . I disagree but that's OK. I know the sketch isn't 100%, it's just a sketch. There's enough for me to work with . . . I'll be posting a painting I did from the sketch tomorrow . . . I feel the likeness with my painting is 100%, and it's based off this sketch. Thanks for your comment!

12:34 AM  
Blogger ramanjit said...

feeling bore every time i said its awesome but what can i do they are realy awesome.every time i see your blog i eat my all nails.cant help it.sean cheetham great likness.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Wittygraphy: The Caricature Community said...

Mark B, you are right, after 2 years in office, they all look 10 years older. Even Schwarzenegger now looks like a grandpa!

12:57 AM  
Blogger Joe Bluhm said...

Good words, Jason. Nice to see the process, as always. ;)

8:19 PM  
Anonymous obat telat bulan said...

thanks gan infonya.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners