Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sketches for The Weekly Standard




This was another quick turnaround for The Weekly Standard. The a.d. liked the look of "The Office" sketches I've done lately and thought that look would be cool for this article. Also since I only had one day to do three small illustrations, my more "sketchy" style made it possible to finish in such a short time. I started yesterday morning and finished last night. Even though I did these in a looser style compared to what I normally do, it took me a bit longer than I thought it would. I ended up spending too much time on this first one, leaving me little time to finish the other two.





This one was done in about half the time of the first one.






This last one was done in about an hour and a half . . .
















The following pictures are just a few that I had taken of myself for some quick reference for folds and expression.




14 Comments:

Blogger Patrick LaMontagne said...

Hahaha...these are great, Jason. So are the photos.

10:50 AM  
Blogger A. Riabovitchev said...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT WORK JASON!:O)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jeremy Townsend (JERT) said...

well done. I haven't commented in a while so I'll tell you now that i love the Office sketches.... Nice profile pic btw :)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Nice work madman. I can't believe you got that quality that fast.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

Really nice work man! And FAST too! Love the sense of solid planes you capture.
The sequential idea of the article is cool too...never really seen that before.
How the heck did you hang yourself upside down anyway?

11:03 PM  
Blogger Faboun'e said...

As a realy good work !!
awesome drawin' !!!
and beautiful pictures !! ;)

5:06 AM  
Blogger Will Appledorn said...

great, funny drawings. those b+w images look really good as part of an article too.

as for the reference pictures, do you do that a lot for illustrations, or just on the random occasion that it's somehow extra tough?

6:08 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thanks guys, this was a fun job to work on!

Marco, for the upside down pose, I just laid down on the floor . . . I didn't really hang upside down. :)

William, I usually take some photos for every job that I do, this way I have reference of folds, I sometimes will set up lighting too to create mood or drama.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the expression in Uncle Sam's Grinch-y leprechaun eyes, and seeing they were based on photos of yourself made them even funnier. Thanks for sharing your process.

3:09 PM  
Blogger ...Larry said...

hilarious, Jason...these pics might earn you a chance to be a stunt double for a film project as well...

great work as always!!!

daahhhd

3:15 PM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Brilliant Jason - next Bourne movie definitely!

10:32 AM  
Blogger charles Da Costa said...

Great work Jason!! thank you for the photos!!just awesome!!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger J. Anthony Kosar said...

These are great man! They make me laugh! Love the reference pics!!!

2:40 AM  
Anonymous obat telat bulan said...

thanks gan infonya.

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners