Saturday, January 31, 2009

Soap Kills Donkey




I started this Friday morning for The Weekly Standard and finished late Friday afternoon, a really quick turn around . . . well quicker than the usual. For the time I had I'm pleased with the way it turned out, it was a fun piece to work on.

I did my part yesterday and recylced . . . the brick wall is something that I painted for one of my past jobs. Luckily I did the brick wall on a separate layer, so It was easy to work with and use again. I changed the color and shading on the brick wall to give it a whole new look. Saved me time and added some nice texture to the piece.

The text and writing was all done by The Weekly Standard.



Donkey - Detail

8 Comments:

Blogger David Malan said...

That is an awesome donkey with pretty eyes. You hair work has become fantastic and I think the lighting on the face is very nice. The concept is great too, but all in a half day is rough.

11:32 AM  
Blogger sensei said...

Wow now thats being very deadline efficient. amazing.

6:32 PM  
Blogger charles Da Costa said...

HI JASON very very nice!!! I love your stil !!! my friend.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i totally agree with david!
great job Jason!

12:03 PM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Drawing excellent - but what draws me in initially is the red and black - the nazis used this combo effectively as did Stalin's Russia. Black against red almost always creates a visceral reaction in me and suggests totalitarian regimes. So when I initially see the work the color gets my mind ready to receive the intent and message of the art - powerful!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

NIce one, Jason- really well done!

3:33 PM  
Blogger J. Anthony Kosar said...

Very cool, love the expression you gave the donkey, great costume too!

2:43 AM  
Anonymous obat telat bulan said...

thanks gan infonya,

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners