Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mama Grizzly, NY Observer



The original idea for this cover was much different and was drawn realistically, meaning that it was not a caricature. The concept and execution of the concept was a bit to controversial and had to be scraped, leaving me with only two days to paint "plan B". I may share the other sketch soon, or I might even paint it and share it then? We'll see?





As mentioned above, I only had two days to paint this, so I kept it more loose and painterly which I love to do anyways. So, I painted fast, but had loads of fun along the way!



Detail to share texture and so on . . . hope you enjoy!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last two posted illustrations are simply fabulous Jason. Absolutely brilliant work!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Tooninator said...

this is really cool, Jason. I like the patina treatment on the statue

12:04 PM  
Blogger ramanjit said...

now its really hard to say that its hand made or digital......awesome job sir love this painterly look.
keep shearing good work god bless you.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Ray said...

Judging from this one I think I can guess what was too controversial about the first one.

Did it involve a handgun?

12:59 PM  
Blogger Scribbler said...

Ha ha that's fantastic!

1:19 PM  
Blogger GOGOPEDRO said...

Wow, Fantastic work...very maniacal look on her face..

P

1:52 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Geeez Jason you did this in two days! WOW! I'm just blown away how good you produce these paintings in such a short period of time. Awesome painting!

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Boris at read-y said...

Wow! I need to learn a lot from you guys! Great work!

5:13 AM  
Blogger rwpike said...

Great concept and extremely well done as usual. The complementary color scheme makes a very bold statement. Congtrats Jason, Brilliant stuff!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Dominic Philibert said...

ROCKIN!!!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Leanne Franson said...

Amazing work as always, and love the concept and the crazed look and action. Would love to see the scrapped Plan A. Sketch or painting. And it is funny you call this "painterly"... of course it is not airbrushed, but there is so much attention to realistic detail. yum.

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners