Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend gouache sketches.



Quick sketch done in my moleskine watercolor sketchbook. About a week ago I went sketching with my friend Andrew R. Wright, really cool guy, awesome artist. Anyways, we had fun, drinking coffee and tea, and sketching. I started a small watercolor sketch of a coffee mug on this page but never got to finish, so I decided to paint something else on top of it. If you look the the right side of Lincoln's face you can see the coffee cup.

I was searching for something or someone to sketch when I came across a picture of a Lincoln impersonator and I thought "Lincoln would be fun to sketch!" Lincoln is fun to sketch. He of course could be exaggerated a whole lot more, but that wasn't my purpose, I just wanted to paint for a little bit.

This is no where near being a finished drawing or painting . . . it is after all just a sketch. Still, there's something about these quick sketches that I really love . . .





I enjoy up close shots of sketches like this . . . it's cool how a few simple lines and a few washes of value create an image . . .





This was another one that I finished up this weekend. This is more of a study really. I was experimenting with brush work and layering, it was a lot of fun. I did this in about 45 minutes or so.

8 Comments:

Blogger Faboun'e said...

All Awesome works..! I really appreciate ..! Great art...!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Marvin Lorenz said...

It really sounds like a great weekend! And these sketches are awesome, Jason! Lincoln is really nice and the wash effect is awesome. Both are super! More please..:D

2:34 PM  
Blogger w said...

Cool stuff!! These sketches are fantastic! I'm wanting to get more into watercolor/gouche. Do you just start with the watercolor or do you throw down a really quick pencil sketch. Oh by the way...Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Eman Evans said...

This is just amazing i wish i could go hang out and sketch some stuff. Keep up the awesome work cant wait for you to make a book with your sketches. :)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man! I love your water-cup! and of course your art. But that Water-cup is awesome!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Tim Wilmsen said...

nice, Nice, Nice!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Joy thomas [artist] said...

wow...nice work............

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Quinoa Recipes said...

Thanks foor this

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners