Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Tuesday sketches . . . October 4, 2011



Did a cover last week for The Weekly Standard, a very different cover for me, no likenesses, with the exception of a face on a coin-like object . . . basically, I painted "objects" for them . . . anyways, I'll share when I can.

Today I finished another fun cover for The New York Observer, I'll share the final art for that as soon as I can.

After finishing the Observer job, I decided to do a couple quick sketches before leaving for the day. I designed this shark character for my daughters. They know my obsession with sharks and tell me that they want me to illustrate a children's book all about sharks. It's something I hope to do one day, we'll see?



This is a super quick sketch of my friend Damion Dunn . . . Damion did a cool painting of me, so when I have the time I'll do a painting of sorts of him in return. As you can see, there's no exaggeration here at all . . . after all, "It's funny because it's true". :)



Color sketch.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fitzzz said...

Great looking shark! A JS kids book has to happen.
I'm sure your friend will get a kick out of your sketch. Well done.

5:30 AM  
Blogger John Stone said...

As always, Good stuff man. I'm starting to lean more towards caricature when drawing on my commute (it's just so much fun!) And coming here is always a good source of inspiration. Thanks.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Bob Canada said...

That shark is AWESOME! Such cool lines and character designs.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous RESTREPO said...

Cool!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners