Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Wallstreet Bullsh@t.




Cover I painted this week for the New York Observer. This one was a rush.
(painted in a day and a half)

All in all I only had a day and a half to do this cover. "Life" happened, and so I lost a lot of time that I would have normally had. Another challenge with this one was that there isn't very good reference available of the judge. The judge needed a specific expression and in the two pictures I had of him, he was smiling, so I took pictures of myself and my friend Brian for expression reference. I had some fun with the lawyer character and used myself as the model. It was fun messing myself up! :) My favorite part of the whole piece was painting the Bull, the colors were a lot of fun to work on. All in all, I wish I could have had more time to work on everything . . . sometimes these quick turnarounds can really feel like a marathon and this one was no exception. There's not much time to step back and analyze, you have to tuck on and adjust as you go, and when the time is up, it's up.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Veeery nice!! That guy bottom left looks familiar..;-)

1:41 AM  
Anonymous The Wall Street Bull said...

Mwah--I love it! But you just couldn't resist adding a little cloving to my hooves, could you? That's okay--the whole scene is masterful and pretty damn true to life. Bring a copy to Bowling Green and I'll autograph it for you ... with pen held in my uncloven hooves.

9:16 AM  
Blogger David Malan said...

Nice Jason, I think I like the look of the lawyer, you should go with that full time.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners